i’m back with another recipe using Sincerely, Brigitte™ cheese. next up is their new wasabi flavor!
this cheese is really interesting – it’s soft and creamy, with a very distinctive wasabi flavor. it’s not too overpowering, so people who have issues with spicy food can probably still handle it, but that hot asian horseradishy flavor is definitely there. i think my tastebuds were a little puzzled at first, since wasabi is definitely an asian flavor, but you don’t generally see cheese in asian cuisine. so it’s not necessarily a combination you would expect. but the more i ate it, the more i really liked it.
once i was done snacking, i wanted to make a cheesy baked treat that would sort of keep with the asian-inspired theme. so i added some black sesame seeds and came up with these fun little cheese crackers. they are light, crispy, and flakey, and the sesame seeds add a nice nutty flavor as well as fun little specks of color throughout. the wasabi flavor of the cheese mellows out a lot in the baking process, so you wind up with a cheesy cracker that just barely has a hint of wasabi spice in the background. it’s just enough to give the crackers an extra special twist.
- 4 ounces Sincerely, Brigitte™ wasabi cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- combine the cheese and butter in a medium bowl (i found that it was easiest to just do this with my hands, working the mixture into a thick paste). add the flour, salt, and sesame seeds. mix everything together so that it is completely combined.
- form the dough into a disc, wrap it in plastic wrap, and let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- when the dough is finished chilling, roll it out between two pieces of wax paper to about ⅛-inch thickness. cut the dough into squares and transfer them to the prepared baking sheet. poke a few holes in each square with a fork or a toothpick.
- bake the crackers in the oven for 7-9 minutes, until they are golden and just starting to get dark at the edges. transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
disclaimer: this post was sponsored by Sincerely, Brigitte™. all opinions are 100% my own.